On Friday, April 7, 2023, our Creative Director, Steven Sharif, did a live Community Q&A with ChibiBree (The Golden Feather), RitchieSH, and Simurgh (Ashes Pathfinders) on the Ashes of Creation Twitch channel!
Timestamps & Topics:
- 00:00 Intro
- 07:41 Most Challenging and Enjoyable Parts of the Journey
- 13:36 Zones In Alpha 2
- 16:43 Souls and Their Connection to Realms, Planes, and Avatars
- 22:18 Will Alpha 2 Include Part of the Eastern Continent?
- 22:49 Underrealm Size
- 24:10 Elaboration of Milestones
- 27:30 Bodies of Water in the Underrealm
- 28:12 Length of Alpha 2 and Avoiding Burnout
- 31:50 When Will We Know About Cosmetics and Freeholds?
- 37:56 How Will World Events Affect Freeholds?
- 40:24 How Do You Go About Designing Old School Systems In a Modern MMO?
- 49:49 What is the Current Scope for the Combat System?
- 54:07 When Will We See an Update for the Character Creator?
- 55:21 How Far Are You Willing to Go In Response to Player Feedback On Core Systems?
- 58:44 How Will Branching Storylines Affect Future Expansions?
- 1:00:55 The Separation of Artisan and Player Level and its Effect On Gathering
- 1:04:20 Perks to Leveling an Alt
- 1:06:02 Classes and Their Relevancy In Gameplay Loops
- 1:08:30 Will Testing In Alpha 2 be Compounding or Cyclical?
- 1:10:13 Will Dialog Choices Have Any Impact On Quests?
- 1:11:14 Will Players Be Able to Wield Blood Magic?
- 1:14:05 Do You Plan on Introducing All Primary Archetypes Before Adding Any Secondary Archetype Systems?
- 1:15:06 Metagaming Node Concerns
- 1:18:02 True Natives of Verra
- 1:19:45 Hiring and Customizing Labors on Your Freehold
- 1:21:33 Will You Use Unreal Engine 5.2?
- 1:22:46 Have Any Mechanics or Systems Been Cut From The Game?
- 1:24:37 Will There Be an Ashes Of Creation Themed TTRPG?
- 1:26:44 How Exactly Does the Constellation System Work?
- 1:29:46 Biggest Obstacle to Overcome Before Alpha 2
- 1:33:00 Outro & Content Creator Plugs
Thank you for following along with our development journey! If you haven't already, please follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, so you can keep up with our progress. We're also active daily on our Discord, and Forums!
Reminder that Ashes of Creation is an open and transparent development project. As such, everything is work-in-progress from art, systems, and mechanics.