One of the great advantages that Ashes of Creation Apocalypse has to offer our development process for the Ashes of Creation MMORPG is the ability to test and optimize the many different biomes and environments that make up the diverse map of Verra.
On October 11, 2019, we are rolling out the Forest of Erinthia map for players to experience in Apocalypse! Long before your character steps foot into the MMORPG world of Verra, your ancestors inhabited the enchanted woods of the great Pyrian Forest of Erinthia. These lands have flourished and long been the home of the Kingdom of Pyria under the rule of Eridelle. The great Forest of Erinthia is vast and borders many non-Pyrian settlements, including some human settlements.
As we continue to update Apocalypse with Castle Sieges, Horde Mode and the Battle Royale, we will provide our glorious players with more new beautiful immersive environments in anticipation of our MMORPG's Alphas and Betas, all in our Ashes of Creation Apocalypse free-to-play experience!
To stay up-to-date with the latest changes during Early Access testing, please keep an eye on our Known Issues forum thread.
- New winter biome map, Forest of Erinthia, which includes 11 points of interest is now available.
- The Armor of the Autumn Knight helmet is now available if you have it unlocked! (For more details on how to unlock this helmet, read our article covering the limited time item.)
- Jump no longer consumes stamina, and no longer affects the stamina regeneration cooldown.
- Increased item spawns in the Underrealm, small farmhouses, and shrines.
- Added Dawnbreaker Trick animations (press X and the desired direction while mounted).
- Fixed an issue where melee weapons would sometimes not be able to hit players polymorphed into certain objects.
- Fixed an issue where horses could still be attacked for a short time after dismounting.
- Fixed an issue where characters would move incorrectly during an interaction between teleport and Lunge Attack.
- Fixed an issue where players would sometimes receive fall damage when they shouldn’t.
- It is now easier to jump through windows.
- Melee weapons now deal increased damage to structures.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to get stuck on their gryphon.
- You can no longer move while summoning a horse or activating the camouflage ability.
- Invisibility will no longer break when jumping and lunging.
- Paladin's Might: Attacking with the shield deployed no longer consumes additional stamina.
- Firefrost: Frost Grenade (Q) can no longer inflict headshot damage.
- Firefrost: Updated muzzle position to reduce the chances of it hitting the user when fired.
- Grimoire of the Fallen Sky: Fixed a bug preventing the targeting decal from rendering.
- Grimoire of the Fallen Sky: Book decal now properly fades out when target location is out of range.
- Bonesmasher: Fixed an issue where the bleed debuff could stack.
- Longbow of Miasma: Fixed a bug with the targeting camera sometimes getting blocked by landscape objects. The targeting camera now has a slightly wider FOV and slightly less zoom.
- Longbow of Miasma: Stamina consumption rate while charging has decreased. Charged Shot autofire on stamina depleting has been removed. When Stamina is depleted while charging, the charge now reduces down to normal shot levels.
- Longbow of Miasma: Set the ammo to 1 at pickup.
- Nightfall: Made the Darkness arrow trail easier to see when firing the bow.
- Nightfall: Fixed an issue that caused the Darkness ability to not end as expected.
- The Silencer: Cleaned up Lunge Attack timing
- Wand of Light: Divine Light targeting effect duration has been decreased and now scales with wand rarity.
- Wand of Light: Divine Light sound effect now properly fades after duration is complete.
- Wand of Light: Multiple Divine Light effects no longer stack on the same target. Hitting an enemy multiple times with the effect will instead refresh the duration.
- Bronze Axe: Added a small amount of Stamina Damage to the first attack.
- Updated the icons in the action bar.
- Fixed an issue where crosshairs were sometimes not displaying.
- Fixed an issue where waypoints were sometimes not displaying for the player that placed them.
- Fixed an issue where party status bars were not displayed while spectating a duos or squads match.
- Fixed an issue where placement would display incorrectly in the endgame stats before placement was determined in a match.
- Fixed an issue where the Input settings and Default Mappings settings were not displayed properly with 4:3 resolutions.
- Fixed an issue where X or Y Sensitivity could be set to 0.
- Fixed an issue where Skills and Abilities would not display icons if bound to number keys 6-0.
- Fixed an issue where the patching progress percentage would display incorrectly.
- Shortened the amount of time tutorial messages stay on screen.
- Updated inventory tooltips for weapon descriptions.
- Fixed a bug causing the New Item Indicators on weapons to not be accurate when you had more than one new weapon of a given type.
- Fixed a bug that caused critical hit and normal hit markers to stay up after reloading.
- Fixed an issue where the “No Fill” button in the lobby would sometimes function incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where hit indicators would display when damaging yourself with poison or lava.
- Fixed text on the daily quest "As The Mouse" so it matches the completion criteria.
- Cleaned up animations for Greataxe, Halberd, Mace, Sword, and Greatsword.
- Cleaned up emote animations for female characters.
- Updated melee impact FX to be better communicated.
- Cleaned up animations for moving while crouched.
- Cleaned up lightning on portal spawns and exits.
- Fixed an issue where projectile FX were showing through objects.
- Fixed a bug that caused graphical issues with the corruption wall and water in some areas.
- Fixed an issue that caused water to look milky.
- Fixed an issue where extra FX were playing when using wands.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the portal to cause frame rate drops.
- Fixed an issue where there was no audible difference in hitting a target with armor or without armor when using certain weapons.