On September 24, 2021, we shared our latest Development Update progress on Ashes of Creation. With in-game footage of armor and mounts, a node simulation clip, and a peek into our engineering team's performance tech updates, we had a heap of a showcase prepared for you all. As always, our art teams didn't disappoint either! Highlights from them were an early look at the Ren'Kai, and some work-in-progress changes coming to our Dünir models as per feedback from the community during our Alpha One.
Reminder that Ashes of Creation is an open and transparent development project. As such, you will see work-in-progress art, systems, and mechanics. Leave us your thoughts on our progress in the video comments!
- 3:40 Intro & Reminders
- 15:58 Studio Update
- 19:39 Design Update Start
- 20:37 In-game Footage - Costume and Mount Showcase
- 28:00 Node Simulation
- 50:15 New Death Animation
- 52:48 Engineering Update with Performance Tech
- 1:01:51 Environment Art Update
- 1:10:37 Character Art Update
- 1:18:08 Q&A - Didn't hear your question in our Q&A? Check to see if it was answered over on our forums: click here.
We appreciate your continued support during our development journey! If you haven't already, please follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, so you can keep up with our progress. We're also active daily on our Discord, and Forums!